Have you successfully undergone a Dental Implants procedure? Then please note this is not the edge of the treatment. Only with proper aftercare of the implants you could make it last for a long time. The aftercare should include – maintaining proper oral care and dental visits. In fact, this is determined by your habits and oral hygiene. Supposing you failed to take care of your dental implants, there are chances of plaque building up around the implants resulting in bleeding gums and other acute conditions which might take a longer time for the healing process, ultimately affecting the entire procedure.
Here are some top oral hygiene tips that you must follow after your procedure for dental implants Melbourne.
- Brush your teeth regularly – It is important to brush your teeth twice a day to eliminate any plaque. You can either clean with a manual brush or a normal brush, the only requirement is the bristles must stay soft and supple. Gently clean over the implants and the crowns. Carefully, remove any debris that lies between the teeth or in the hard-to-reach spots that lies around the implants. Don’t miss to brush the outside of the tooth, and pay attention to the crevices.
- Avoid Harsh Dental Products – When you use harsh products over the dental implants Melbourne, there are chances that you might scratch the surface of the implants. So, use the cleaning products that will not cause any discomfort. Also, avert from using abrasive products.
- Floss Regularly – There are different sorts of dental floss products available in the market, where a few are aimed precisely for dental implants. Flossing prevents the buildup of plaque round the implant site. Sometimes, your dentist might recommend you to use a floss threader that is used to clean around the dental bridge.
- Avoid Hard and Sticky Foods in Diet – Though dental implants allow you to eat any type of food you wish, keeping a track of your diet is essential to avoid any additional expense in future. For lasting results, a change in diet is essential. Avoid the hard food stuffs like – Hard nuts, dried fruits, chewy foods, caramel etc. Make sure to include the following to your diet – healthy Soups, oatmeal, dairy etc. After all you have spent so much on your dental implants cost Melbourne, and you will certainly look forward to maintaining it in the right form.
- Avoid Smoking and drinking Alcohol – If you are an addict, it might be hard to refrain from smoking or consuming alcohol. But, it will for sure bring in good results for your implant. Not just that, it will also earn a beautiful and confident smile on your face. Moreover, it is said that smoking brings down the supply of blood to the gums and teeth, while alcohol downgrades the healing process. So, it is wise to limit down the intake of smoking and alcohol.
From all the above listed tips, you must stay sure that your implants are maintained in a precise condition. For this, a regular dental visit is essential. This will help maintain your cheap dental implants Melbourne look as good as new.