Dental implants procedure is used to replace the missing tooth. You can undergo dental implants procedure to replace one or more missing tooth. You can also replace the whole arch with the help of dental implants in Melbourne.
Different Parts Used During Dental Implants Procedure
Implant – made of titanium or titanium alloy which act similar to your tooth root
Abutment – made of titanium, gold or porcelain which will be placed above the implant
Restoration – made of porcelain fused to metal alloy, fully porcelain or completely metal which will be placed above the abutment.
Dental Implants – When Needed?
If you are missing one or more tooth due to various reasons such as
- Tooth decay or cavity
- Gum disease
- Trauma to the mouth
- Failed root canal
- During an accident, etc.
You have to undergo tooth implants in Melbourne to restore your beautiful smile.
Dental Implants – Procedure
Initially, your dentist will take X-rays to look into the severity of the issue and start the procedure. First, the implants are placed into your jawbone and allow it to heal. During the healing process, the implants get fused with your jawbone and act similar to your tooth root. This process of implant getting fused with your jawbone is known as osseointegration. This may take three to six months depending on the dental health of the patient. After the osseointegration process, the abutment and the restoration or crown is placed on the implant. Now, the crown acts similar to your natural tooth.
Dental Implants – Aftercare
After undergoing dental implants in Melbourne, you need to take proper care and maintenance to make your implants last for many years. For proper care and maintenance, you need to
Brush – twice a day to maintain oral hygiene
Floss – twice a day to remove all the food particles that got stuck in your teeth
Regular Dental Checkup – to check whether your dental implants are in good condition and if any symptoms arise, your dentist can treat them at the earlier stage to avoid emergencies.
Dental Implants – Benefits
- Convenience – Dental implants eliminate the embarrassing inconvenience of removing dentures.
- Improved appearance – Dental implants are permanent and give a natural look.
- Durability – Implants are very durable and will last many years. With good care, many implants last a lifetime.
- Improved comfort – Because they become part of you, implants eliminate the discomfort of removable dentures.
- Improved speech – Dental implants allow you to speak without the worry that teeth might slip.
- Easier eating – Dental implants function similar to your natural teeth, allowing you to eat your favorite foods without any pain.
- Improved self-esteem – Dental implants can give you back your smile and help you feel better about yourself.
If you are wondering about the dental implants price in Melbourne, you can contact Dental Implant Professionals in Melbourne, VIC.