Missing tooth is no fun! It is not only unhealthy for your mouth, but they can take a toll on your self-esteem too. If you’re missing a tooth, and looking to do something about it, or probably looking to try on dentures or dental implants, but not sure about what you should opt for. Here are a few good reasons that state as to why opt for cheap dental implants Melbourne over dentures.
Dental Implants vs. Dentures
- Dentures are designed to simply sit on your gums, whereas, dental implants Melbourne are rooted firmly to your jaw bones with the help of a small titanium post, just like the natural tooth. Also, dental implants help prevent the loss of dental bones and avoid gum recession, which is a common problem with the dentures.
- The dental implants Melbourne are firmly placed on the jaw bones, so it helps with about 90% of your chewing purpose. When it comes to dentures, it helps with only 20% of the chewing function.
- Dental Implants are not just strong, they also look and feel like natural teeth. They seamlessly blend with your natural smile too. Whereas, dentures are simple flexible attachments placed on your missing tooth site, and there are many chances that they fall off from your mouth.
- Since the dentures are not rooted firmly to your jaw, the adjacent tooth shift and move over time. Hence dentures needs to be restored every now and then and their size should be adjusted accordingly. Whereas, Dental implants are rooted to the jaw which avoids the neighbouring tooth from shifting or moving. Thereby implants keep the teeth in its original place.
- Dentures might seem to be a more affordable option, but if you include the expenses of denture replacements, cleaning solutions, or buying fixatives, the cost goes up considerably. When it comes to dental implants cost Melbourne, it is a permanent solution, and it is more or less like the natural teeth, and it is definitely worth the investment. The average life time of dentures is 15 years, while it is 25 years for dental implants. Dental implants are a long term solution.
- Dental Implants offer unmatched comfort, peace of mind and confidence, which dentures cannot provide. Implants are definitely worth the investment.
- Dentures interfere with speech, once they lose their fix from the gums, they fall off or interrupt with speech clarity. While dental implants are like natural teeth and they help communicate clearly without any trouble.