This is a question asked by many expectant mothers who need to get dental implants. According to the experts, dental implant surgeries can be had after the first trimester; but is most certainly recommended to postpone the procedure after the patient has had her baby, unless in the case of an emergency. The reasons for which are as follows,
• Pregnant women are prone to high levels of anxiety under certain conditions, such as getting dental implants in Melbourne. And this stress can further affect the development of the unborn foetus.
• Dental X-rays are generally considered to be safe, and they’re only focused on the inside of your mouth. However, exposures to X-rays can still be risky to the unborn child.
• Although local anaesthesia is considered safe, patients should avoid taking general anaesthesia.
Thus it is more reasonable to postpone getting dental implant in Melbourne till after the patient has safely delivered the little one. Listed below are some effective oral health tips that can help keep dental trouble at bay.
• Maintain a balanced, low-sugar diet.
• Nausea and vomiting are common symptoms during pregnancy. Rinse the mouth with a solution of baking soda and water to prevent acid from corroding the teeth.
• Try some handy home remedies before rushing to the dentist.
• And lastly, follow a regular and proper dental routine which includes flossing every alternate day, brushing the teeth twice a day and use of mouth washes.